In a recent request to city council, Mayor McGlynn asked for $25,000 to apply bike lanes and sharrows on several streets in Medford. These would be the first bike lanes and sharrows in Medford, and would help to start bringing the city up to speed with neighboring communities. The request was a small part of a $2 million package which was approved by city council on Tuesday, November 18.
14-753- Offered by Councillor Penta
Be It Resolved that in the interest of public and residential disclosure the $25,000 earmarked for public street bicycle roadway use be publicly presented in order that the community has an opportunity to review it for any issues that may be a concern.
Please come to show your support for these facilities, which are proposed as the following:
1) Bike lanes. Winthrop Street. Winchester line to approximately Wildwood Street.
2) Bike lanes or sharrows. Playstead Road. Winthrop Street to West Medford Square.
3) Sharrows. Boston Avenue. Winthrop Street to Ball Square (Somerville).
4) Sharrows. College Avenue. Boston Avenue to Somerville line to meet existing sharrows in Somerville.
5) Sharrows. Medford Street. Magoun Square to Main Street. Meet's existing sharrows on Medford Street in Somerville.