It took place from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Medford City Hall parking lot and 23 kids participated.
The event focused on introducing young and beginning riders to skills and concepts that can be applied to on-road riding, but on a course closed to motor vehicle traffic.
- A bike safety check by JRA Cycles
- Learning the ABC Quick Check
- Practicing hand signals and following the rules of the road
- Coaching on skills like Start & Stop and the Rock Dodge
- Spinning the Bike Wheel of Fortune to win a prize
- The Slow Race
- A trick riding demonstration
- A free cookout hosted by the Kiwanis
Be sure to check the Facebook event page for photos and more.